ROCK HILL, S.C. (WBTV) -
A man is in jail after an early morning fire in a motel room revealed a meth manufacturing operation.
Rock Hill Fire and Police responded at 12:55am Sunday morning to the Rock Hill Motel on Riverview to a report of a fire.
Once on the scene they found one of the rooms on the 2nd floor completely engulfed.
A propane can the suspect, Ronnie Brady was using to make cook the drug caught fire and then caused an explosion in the room.
Officer Marvin Brown of the multi-jurisdictional drug unit says, Brady threw the canister out into the parking lot and tried unsuccessfully to put it out before he fled the scene.
Police apprehended him 15 minutes later at Celanese and Riverview.
Brady was treated at the scene for burns to his legs and then transported to the York Detention Center where he was booked on manufacturing of a controlled substance.
This is not Brady’s first charge surrounding Meth, he has previous charges in Arkansas for possession with intent to distribute.
Officer Brown said a similar incident happened at the same motel back in 2011 in the same room.
The room has been deemed a total loss.
Copyright WBTV 2013. All rights reserved.